Saturday, March 16, 2013

Welcome To My New Blog

Welcome To My New Blog


My name is Suz, and I live with my daughter in Northwest Illinois.

I maintained a crafting blog for over a year,(June '11-March '12) but have decided to start a new one and have entitled it as "Maytag And Mom" as it's just the two of us now.  

I lost my beloved husband, after a 5 year, 8 month battle with Kidney Cancer on Jan 30, 2013, so it's just my 19 year old daughter and myself now. (Her nickname is Maytag, and of course, I'm "Mom")

I decided that I'd like to blog again (it's been over a year since I stopped my last blog),and I would do it fresh, as the old blog has alot of fun memories with my husband, who loved that I crafted and created and fully supported it, but I started getting weird messages from people in my husband's past, who are just "strange" and I'd prefer to just start fresh.

So, if you have seen me at linky parties in the past, and/or my crafting style etc looks familiar, I could be who you think I am.  If you'd like to know for sure, just drop me a line via a message and I'll let you know.

In this age of cyber stalking and some folks who just like to be hateful, I'm going to start off this as "new".

And, I believe that now is the "right" time to start blogging as MARCH is KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS MONTH here in the U.S.  The color of the ribbon is dark green.  Here's the ones We had made up to celebrate my husband's life, when he was fighting the cancer, it states "(his name)'S WINNING SINCE JUNE 2007".  I still wear his ribbon as do our friends and loved ones, but I've asked them to turn the writing around since the Lord has him in Heaven with Him.
.

 

Thank you for stopping by!

Sincerely,


6 comments:

  1. Hey Suz! It's Kinsley from Home | Styled! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you liked the recipe! I promise it tastes just as good as it looks! I'm very sorry to hear about your husband but I am glad you are back in the blogging community. Stick around because we are here for you. We all take care of each other. I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz,
    Im sooo sorry to hear about your husband. Getting back into blogging will be good therapy for you, so it's great to have you back.
    Thanks for stopping by PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and leaving such a sweet comment. Im going up now to become your 4th follower on your new blog and I'll be checking in regularly.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi suz ! Thanks for your visit on my blog. I'm really sorry for your lost. I wish you only the best for the upcoming years. Cheers from France !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz. Thanks for visiting. Hugs to you and your daughter during this difficult time. I'm so sorry to hear about you having to "close up shop" on your other blog. Wishing you nothing but success with your new space!!!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog, Suz. I am sorry for all you are going through. I hope that crafting again will be good for your heart and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're blogging again!!! Yeah!!!!! It's good for you and good for us too!!!! Best wishes!!!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete